Benefits Of Using Porcelain Pavers for Your Pool Surround4 min read
There are lots of options to choose from for paving your pool surround and each material has its respective advantages and disadvantages. Unlike permeable and impermeable concrete, natural stone, and ceramics, porcelain pavers offer a huge range of benefits without compromising on durability, aesthetic value, and safety. To install porcelain pavers around your swimming pool, simply search “paving companies near me” to find and hire local experts in and around your region.
The benefits of using porcelain pavers for your pool surround are listed below:
- They are resistant to mold, mildew, moisture, and slipping – The surface around the swimming pool can remain wet for a long time due to the splashing of water and this can make it slippery and dangerous. Porcelain pavers are perfect for such wet areas since these are non-porous and thus, slip-resistant. Thus, when you have porcelain pavers installed around your swimming pool, you don’t have to worry about the safety of your family members, friends, or guests walking around it and suffering from health injuries due to slipping.
Another huge benefit of porcelain pavers is that they don’t absorb any type of grease, oil, or chemicals since these are impermeable. As a result, they are moss, mildew, and mold resistant. You can only notice the microbial growth in regions which don’t receive enough sunlight and even those can be easily removed with the appropriate cleaners.
- They are cost-effective – If you just consider the cost of the product, you would believe porcelain pavers are costlier than their ceramic, natural stone, and concrete counterparts. However, when you fully investigate the big picture, you would notice that good-quality porcelain pavers offer a better value for money. For instance, they offer more value and are less costly when compared to natural materials such as granite, slate, marble, travertine, and more.
Plus, since they are much more lightweight than most natural stones and concrete, you can save additional costs during the transfer process to your property and during the final installation. The best part is that they are available in a wide variety of options, and you can almost always find a style or design that resonates with your needs.
- They offer long-term durability – Porcelain pavers are one of the toughest and most durable paving materials you can find on the market due to their unique set of properties. Since they don’t absorb water unlike concrete, ceramic, and stone pavers, they are not affected by extreme temperature fluctuations and are resistant to frost and extreme cold.
This property also makes them immune to cracking and allows them to withstand 50 freeze and thaw cycles. Plus, porcelain pavers are fireproof and suitable for high-traffic areas due to their dense structure.
- Available in various aesthetic choices – One of the biggest advantages of choosing porcelain pavers for your pool surround is the wide range of aesthetic options that they offer. For instance, porcelain pavers can be specially manufactured to resemble hard surfaces such as stone and wood to an almost indistinguishable quality and also incorporate special effects such as mica flecks.
Aside from special options, mass produced porcelain pavers are available in many different colors and styles that feature deep and visually stimulating color gradients. And their rich texture helps to create great contrast between shady and light areas that offer a more natural look. You can combine them to create endless color combinations that look stunning and elegant.
- Quick and easy installation – Porcelain pavers are easier to install, especially over existing weather-worn patios that are covered with cracks. Since they are thinner compared to concrete pavers, the overall height increase could be just 1 inch. The only additional requirement is inclusion of rubber pads with in-built spacers under each corner that help to support the porcelain pavers and automatically adjust the spacing and alignment.
As a result, the installation can be completed quickly without much hassle.
- Requires low maintenance and easy to clean – Porcelain pavers ae stain resistant and don’t require any type of sealers or protective coating to protect them against water damage. Thus, it’s much easier to clean oil and grease spills and debris without leaving any trace or marks on the surface. Plus, they are also made to resist the ultraviolet rays of the sun which makes them fade-resistant.
Thus, it’s safe to say that you porcelain pavers retain the vibrancy of their colors even after 10 or more years.
- They are safer – As discussed before, porcelain pavers are non-slippery which makes them much safer as pool surround paving compared to other materials that can makes the surface slippery to walk on. However, these are also crucial in locations that experience freezing temperatures since low temperatures can cause a layer of ice to form on the pool surround if it accumulates water.
Thus, if you live in the colder parts of the country and frequently entertain guests or have kids and pets at home, it makes more sense to install porcelain pavers to make the pool surround a safer space.
- Made with strict quality standards – Porcelain pavers are unique since they are manufactured; not harvested. They are available in two types — Glazed porcelain tiles and through-bodied porcelain tiles.
They are quite strong and sturdy since they are a composite of clay, sand, special additives (kiln), and natural materials that are subjected to extremely high temperatures of between 1200-1400 degrees Fahrenheit. The extreme temperatures, combination of different materials, and certain specifications ensure they are up to quality standards and available a wide range of finishes, designs, colors, and sizes.
Hopefully, you have recognized how porcelain pavers can help improve the look of your property and make it secure at a reasonable cost. If you still have some doubts and want help with the installation of porcelain pavers, hire local experts in your region by searching “paving companies near me” on Google. They would be able to handle all your queries related to the project.